Central Organization of Trade Unions (Cotu) secretary-general Francis Atwoli, on Wednesday, claimed that people from the Luhya community are only known for doing odd jobs for survival.
Speaking in a TV interview, the COTU boss claimed that the Luhyas are used to being cooks and watchmen unlike people from the Central region who are known as business-oriented.
Atwoli’s comments came while questioning people from the Central region which presidential candidate will serve their interest if elected.
“You people in Central Province you should ask yourself, in whose hands will you be safe?” he questioned.
“Luhyas and people from Western Kenya are used to salaries, being cooks and watchmen. But you people in Central Kenya, in whose hands will you be safe?” he added.
Atwoli insinuated that he and those from Western Kenya will not be greatly affected when Deputy President William Ruto ascends to power come 2022.
He claimed that those likely to be affected are those from Central since they are the business owners thereby urging them to choose a presidential candidate who will serve their interest.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (39,621)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (24,244)
- Jalango finally forgives a boy who… November 6, 2021 Jalango has finally forgiven Upcoming artiste Vincent Mboya,a boy who… (16,178)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (15,768)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (11,317)