The Ministry of Education under Cabinet Secretary George Magoha has exposed schools registering ghost Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) and Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) candidates.
Speaking during a meeting with private schools directors and managers on Friday, October 22, Nairobi County Regional Director of Education, Jared Obiero, stated that private institutions comprise the majority of schools roped into the syndicate.
The schools were accused of registering ghost candidates after the Ministry ordered institutions with less than 30 candidates to merge and form examination centres.
The Kenya National Examination Centre CEO, Mercy Karogo, directed affected institutions to register students in neighbouring schools.
“These schools, most of which are in Kamukunji and Eastleigh, are leading in registering ghost candidates to circumvent the government’s directive on the number of candidates required.”
“You have registered fake students in your portal. If you are 15, you deliberately added another 15 who are not going to do exams because you wanted to maintain your examination centre,” noted Karogo.
Obiero directed Sub County Directors of Education to immediately begin investigations on the matter and file a report with the Ministry within the shortest time possible.
These officers will conduct fiscal and physical audits of the schools’ nominal rolls, and also inspect the registration details provided by the schools.
“We are defrauding the government and causing unnecessary wastage in our economy.”
“This is already an examination irregularity. If we find you culpable, we will write to KNEC to take action,” Obiero warned.
Kenya Private Schools Association, however, refuted the allegations, saying that they were unfounded.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (39,592)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (24,212)
- Jalango finally forgives a boy who… November 6, 2021 Jalango has finally forgiven Upcoming artiste Vincent Mboya,a boy who… (16,170)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (15,754)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (11,308)