Kapsaret MP Oscar Sudi has mocked ODM leader Raila Odinga for not sending condolence money to the family of slain athlete Agnes Tirop.
While speaking at the funeral of Tirop, Sudi scorned Odinga for sending former Internal Security Assistant Minister, Stephen Tarus with a ‘fake’ condolence message without contributing any money for the event.
“I can tell you for free, Tarus has written this (Raila’s) condolence statement on behalf of Raila. How do you send a condolence statement but fails to sympathize with the family? Sudi posed.
Tirop, a two-time world bronze medallist and world 10 kilometres record holder, was buried at a funeral service in Nandi county on what would have been her 26th birthday after her body was found with stab wounds to her neck and stomach on October 13.
Her burial attracted thousands of people, a testament to the athlete’s popularity in the athletics-loving region.
Police say her husband, Ibrahim Rotich, who was arrested in Mombasa, is the prime suspect in her death.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (39,596)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (24,214)
- Jalango finally forgives a boy who… November 6, 2021 Jalango has finally forgiven Upcoming artiste Vincent Mboya,a boy who… (16,171)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (15,759)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (11,308)