Former Kenyatta University. Vice Chancellor Prof Olive Mugenda has been appointed as non-executive chairperson of HF Group Plc.
Prof Mugenda takes over from Dr Steve Omenge Mainda, who retired last year.
HF Chief Executive Officer Robert Kibaara confirmed her appointment, saying she will spearhead the lender’s growth and transformation agenda.
“Her wealth of expertise and outstanding transformational leadership track record will be a valuable addition for the Group at a time when we are on a transformation journey. Prof. Mugenda’s mandate will be to oversee the Group’s growth and transformation agenda, specifically our diversification to a full-service bank, ” Kibaara said.
Prof Mugenda is a seasoned academician with interest in women and girls education and leadership and governance.
She is the current commissioner at Judicial Service Commission (JSC) as well as the board chair of Kenyatta University Teaching and Referral Hospital.
She is also serving as non-executive director of UBA Kenya Limited.
Prof Mugenda is a holder of PhD from Iowa State University, USA, Master of Business Administration from Eastern and Southern Africa Management Institute (ESAMI) in Arusha, Tanzania, Master of Science from Iowa University USA and Bachelor of Education (First Class Honours) from University of Nairobi among other academic achievements.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (39,621)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (24,246)
- Jalango finally forgives a boy who… November 6, 2021 Jalango has finally forgiven Upcoming artiste Vincent Mboya,a boy who… (16,179)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (15,769)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (11,317)