There was confusion at Kavaluka area of Kithimu in Embu North when a woman who got lost about 45 years ago resurfaced.
A family that lost their mother those day were caught up in dilemma on whether to celebrate or not celebrate because they were not sure whether that was their mother despite having identified her name in resemblance of that of their mother.
According to Emmaculate Mugo, who is now 56 years old, their mother got lost in 1975 when she was only nine years old.
She recalled how their mother left them at their grandmothers home to go to the farm then pass by and pick them in the evening but never came back again.
She says last week is when a woman resurfaced and sought refuge in one of family within Kavaluka area in Manyatta in Embu North and introduced her self as Terasira Kina.
The host Dominic Kathuri would do an announcement at one of the local radio station and that is how the family started following up.
Emmaculate said that due to the confusion surrounding her and the woman having mental disorder, they are not totally sure whether is their mother since it’s long since she got lost.
She says they will take her to hospital for treatment and if they will find it’s their mother, they will celebrate.
Dominic Kathuri, who hosted her, recounts how the visitor made her way to his home compound.
He first gave her food and water and the woman requested somewhere to sleep since she was tired before making an announcement for who might have lost his or mother to come for her.
Faith Wambeti, who is the leader of the Nyumba kumi initiative in Kavaluka, says when the woman saw some of the children suspected to be hers , she ran where they were and hang on one of them.
The family has promised to conduct a DNA test on her and other family members to acertain whether she is their mother.
The woman could not speak well due to mental illness and give a light on where she has been and how she got lost.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (39,588)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (24,203)
- Jalango finally forgives a boy who… November 6, 2021 Jalango has finally forgiven Upcoming artiste Vincent Mboya,a boy who… (16,168)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (15,750)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (11,303)