Deputy President William Ruto has on Wednesday October 27, 2021 received another influential Kirinyaga politician barely a day after Waiguru’s defection.
The second-in-command received former Gichugu MP Njogu Barua, who has since relinquished his position as the Deputy Secretary General of Mwangi Kiunjuri’s The Service Party, at his Karen residence as he keeps registering political points in the Mt Kenya region.
Barua’s shift comes barely a day after Kirinyaga governor Anne Waiguru led a delegation of 25 MCAs in shifting allegiance from President Uhuru Kenyatta’s Jubilee party to Ruto’s UDA party.
While announcing the Barua’s defection, Ruto stated that the ex-lawamker and his supporters agree with his bottom-up policy that seeks to enhance productivity and competitiveness of small businesses.
“The Bottom-Up Economic Model is deliberately and purposefully designed to calibrate our country’s policies to enhance productivity and competitiveness of small businesses, creating opportunities for millions of enterprising Kenyans at lower cadre to make a living and thrive.
At the Karen Residence in Nairobi County, welcomed former Gichugu MP Njogu Barua and supporters to the United Democratic Alliance (UDA), whose policy they believe in,” he posted.
According to political pundits Ruto’s political fortunes in the Mt Kenya region will be strengthened by the increase of defections by influential leaders in the region. The DP is currently the perceived kingpin of the region ahead of Uhuru’s exit in 2022.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (39,285)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (23,920)
- Jalango finally forgives a boy who… November 6, 2021 Jalango has finally forgiven Upcoming artiste Vincent Mboya,a boy who… (16,058)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (15,638)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (10,931)