An American philanthropist is in distress after her act of kindness was taken for weakness by a Kenyan pastor who reportedly swindled Ksh20 million from her.
Avis Goodheart had dedicated her time and life proceeds to impact lives in Kenya and uplift the vulnerable in the community. In her quest to change lives, she met a Kenyan pastor who convinced her about how good her mission was.
To get underway, Goodheart, even as her name suggests, she is generous, entered into a partnership deal with the pastor in 2018.
Little did she know that she was falling into a trap. At first, everything was running just perfectly and she could feel the impact of her devoted acts of changing generations through the running of an orphanage.
Things started going downhill when the pandemic struck the world forcing different nations to enforce measures to curb the spread of the Covid-19 disease.
The pandemic exposed the rot and the con game that was being run by her partner and pastor.
She came to realise that other than the earlier claims that their orphanage was supporting 148 kids, it emerged that she only had 18 of them.
“I sent her money lots of money and one of my sponsors to buy a piece of property because she wanted more gardens. She told me during the Covid-19 pandemic that the neighbors were starving and I sent her USD300 a week till the end of January this year,” she stated.
Goodheart even thought they together run a huge orphanage but she was shocked to learn that even the children’s home barely existed.
She is now seeking intervention from Kenyan authorities to recover the money she had invested in the orphanage.
Defending the allegations labeled against her, the pastor insisted that everything she has done is above board. She stated that she has all the documents supporting all the expenditures.
She, however, noted that there is a scheme being hatched to take over the orphanage though she has sacrificed everything to see the kids educated and have a life while living at the center.
To settle the bad blood between them, the pastor noted that she approached the American donor on a number of times seeking to solve their differences but she rejected.
The pastor went ahead to file a report at the Isebania Police Station alleging that Goodheart assaulted her but later withdrew the matter.
For now, the only hope is the court decision that will resolve the dispute which puts the lives of children in jeopardy.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (39,281)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (23,909)
- Jalango finally forgives a boy who… November 6, 2021 Jalango has finally forgiven Upcoming artiste Vincent Mboya,a boy who… (16,057)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (15,635)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (10,924)