A 65-year-old man has died in Kisumu after being attacked by a swarm of bees which left his 85-year-old father in critical condition.
The alleged incident took place in Kotunga village, Kajulu West location within Kisumu East Sub-county.
While confirming the matter, Kisumu East area OCPD James Musyimi said that they received the information from one Tobias Omollo, chief west Kajulu location about the tragedy.
Musyimi disclosed to that the deceased, Washington Alielo, was attacked by the bees while covering his father Paulus Angeto, 85, with a blanket in a bid to rescue him but unfortunately the aggressive bees turned to him.
The police boss said Angeto was sitting and basking outside his house when a swarm of bees streaming from unknown direction landed on him and started stinging him.
“That was when his son, now the deceased went to rescue him but unfortunately the bees turned on him,” he said.
Musyimi confirmed that the deceased succumbed to the stings and died on the spot while his father was admitted at the Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching And Referral Hospital (JOOTRH) in critical condition.
“This was a natural occurrence, it is very unfortunate that we lost him but I pray that his father gets better as soon as possible,” he said.
The body of the deceased has been preserved at the JOOTRH mortuary awaiting for postmortem examinations.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (39,616)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (24,237)
- Jalango finally forgives a boy who… November 6, 2021 Jalango has finally forgiven Upcoming artiste Vincent Mboya,a boy who… (16,174)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (15,765)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (11,314)