Police seriously beat a matatu operator and dislocates his teeth just for offering to give him a ride
A senior police is under investigation for allegedly assaulted a matatu operator who offered to give him a ride.
Dennis Mungai, a manager of Namu Sacco in Kangari Town, Muranga Town, claimed that the senior officer assaulted him before pulling out his pistol and hit him on the face several times.
“I was picking passengers around the roundabout in Kangari Town when I asked the officer if I could give him a ride. He instead, asked what I was doing at the matatu terminus. I told him I was a matatu operator, soon after he started hitting,” Mungai narrated.
He said the officer injured his face, dislocated his jaws and broke his two teeth in the process of hitting him up.
The operator said that after assaulting him at the bus terminus, the officer took him to the police station and charged him for resisting arrest, not wearing a face mask and assaulting a police officer.
“At the police station, the officer told me he had a problem with me and another driver called Mulima,” he added.
Following the incident, Mungai’s colleagues reported the Independent Police Oversight Authority.
IPOA chairperson who confirmed the incident said that the they have deployed a team of officers to investigate the matter.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (39,615)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (24,237)
- Jalango finally forgives a boy who… November 6, 2021 Jalango has finally forgiven Upcoming artiste Vincent Mboya,a boy who… (16,174)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (15,764)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (11,314)