Reports suggesting that Tanzanian President Samia Suluhu has directed men to report women who are not their wives but ask them for money to police stations have been awash social media, attracting myriad of reactions.
The reports that emanated from Tanzanian blogs elicited mixed reactions among social media users in Kenya.
“Men, if ladies who are not your wives ask you to give them money, report them to police stations,” Suluhu is alleged to have said.
There is however no valid or credible source of this quote, neither full audio speech nor video.
However, Samia’s press team is yet to denounce the quote that has since circulated across all microblogging platforms.
The Tanzanian president, who took over after the demise of ex-President John Pombe Magufuli, is however not new to controversy. Months ago, Suluhu was accused of body shaming after her remark about female Tanzanian footballers.
She was put on the spot after she stated that the footballers are ‘flat-chested’ and unattractive.
“For those who have flat chests, you might think they are men and not women, And if you look at their faces you might wonder because if you want to marry, you want someone who is attractive, a lady who has the qualities that you want,” Suluhu said.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (39,589)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (24,205)
- Jalango finally forgives a boy who… November 6, 2021 Jalango has finally forgiven Upcoming artiste Vincent Mboya,a boy who… (16,168)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (15,750)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (11,303)