The Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS) has raised a red flag against 14 maize flour brands describing them as unfit for human consumption.
Also in 2019,KEBS listed five maize brands unfit for consumption.Among them was Kifaru and Jembe.
In a statement released on Sunday, October 31, the regulatory body has petitioned retailers countrywide to remove the flour brands from shelves.
Among those to be recalled include Ndovu maize flour, Prestige sifted maize, Range corn and Sima tamu.
Others are Top white, Winnies Ugali Afya, Bel’s organic, Diamond sifted maize and Family.
Also in the same category is Asiri Sifted Maize, Ema Sifted Maize, Ibe Maize Flour, Odari and Mugambo Sifted Maize Meal.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (39,622)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (24,247)
- Jalango finally forgives a boy who… November 6, 2021 Jalango has finally forgiven Upcoming artiste Vincent Mboya,a boy who… (16,179)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (15,771)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (11,317)