Eight “prophets” belonging to an apostolic faith sect drowned on Saturday during a baptism ceremony in a river in Rushinga, Mashonaland Central Province, state media reported Sunday.
The Herald newspaper said the “prophets” died while competing to retrieve a “holy stick” in the deep waters of Mazowe River during a ritual to select a baptist.
The paper said the provincial development coordinator for Mashonaland Central Province, Timothy Maregere, had confirmed the incident, saying that their bodies had since been retrieved.
“The group consisted of 10 ‘prophets’ and only two survived,” the paper said.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (39,622)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (24,248)
- Jalango finally forgives a boy who… November 6, 2021 Jalango has finally forgiven Upcoming artiste Vincent Mboya,a boy who… (16,179)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (15,773)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (11,317)