Students of Kipkabus Boys High School on Monday, November 1 set on fire a dormitory in what reports indicate was a protest move over poorly cooked ugali.
“The students used mattress to torch down Njiru dormitory. All the leaners have since been sent home,” Muge said adding that the school has been closed indefinitely.
The recent fire incident at Kipkabus Boys High School comes a day after a dormitory at Buruburu Girls and Chavakali Boys High Schools went up in flames.
Explaining the genesis of the fire, Buruburu Girls School principal Caroline Maina said the fire broke out after she had an engagement with form one and form two students.
“I had a baraza with form one and form two from morning until around 2:30 pm where I had even invited counselors to talk to the students. It is after the counseling session that I invited my guests for late lunch. As I was walking back, a teacher approached me notifying me that one of the dormitories was on fire”, she said.
At least 59 students were rushed to Metropolitan Hospital on Sunday evening after the 5pm incident.
In Chavakali Boys High School, the fire broke out at around 6pm. Firefighters from Vihiga County government responded to the scene and contained the inferno.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (39,621)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (24,243)
- Jalango finally forgives a boy who… November 6, 2021 Jalango has finally forgiven Upcoming artiste Vincent Mboya,a boy who… (16,178)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (15,768)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (11,317)