Linford Mutembei, the chairman of Mt Kenya Youth Caucus cautioned that the emerging intrigues pitting former presidential candidate Peter Kenneth, Health Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe, Governors Ndiritu Muriithi (Laikipia) and Lee Kinyanjui (Nakuru) over who should deputies the Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) chief was hazardous to the efforts of galvanizing support for the former premier in the region.
Kenneth, Ndiritu and Kinyanjui have emerged among Raila’s key possible running mates, and have intensified their dalliance with him, having severally hosted him while Mutahi, who is reportedly working on launching his presidential bid to advance his fortunes as he eyes the running mate post with supporters engaged in a silent yet vicious war over the post.
According to Mutembei, while the four are able and have the rights to jostle for the position, the former Gatanga MP has better chances since, unlike the rest who are making a debut into national politics.
“Most leaders have agreed Raila is their presidential candidate, but unless things change, there may be no consensus among the local leaders on who should be his running mate”Mutembei said.
Mutembei further added, “In Mt Kenya East, Raila has secured the support of both Agriculture CS Peter Munya and Governor Kiraitu Murungi and the two aren’t fighting over the roles in Raila camp, the best thing central Kenya should do is pick the best among those seeking the post so that they can make the campaign seamless.”
Popularly referred to by the initials “PK” in the political circles, Kenneth has been accompanying Raila to rallies notably in Nakuru and Laikipia counties also in Meru a fortnight ago when the former PM was hosted by MKF.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (39,289)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (23,927)
- Jalango finally forgives a boy who… November 6, 2021 Jalango has finally forgiven Upcoming artiste Vincent Mboya,a boy who… (16,062)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (15,641)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (10,946)