During an interview with a local TV station on Saturday, October 6, Cyprian Machangoh, narrated how his work as a chef earned him the opportunity to oversee restaurants serving African delicacies.
“It is the first biggest African restaurant to be set abroad. We have 100 percent African chefs. I have nine restaurants under this one roof called Alkebulan,”Machangoh said.
In the interview, the chef who hails from Migori County credited his rise in the food industry to the nine years he served in the discipline force in Kenya.
“The military is a self-sustaining unit. We have every department for the system to continue flowing. I was working in the administration and supporting the system as a chef,”
“I worked in different ranks until the time I retired from the military. The training was basically from the military school. I graduated as a cook grade one, which is equivalent to a diploma in cooking,” the chef stated.
Machangoh also disclosed that his talent landed him in Dubai in 2013 where he has been able to make a name for himself as a chef in the tourism-rich country.
“When I was leaving Kenya I had two kids and at that time, my son was only one year old. I was leaving my wife with a very young baby to come to pursue greener pastures here in Dubai. In 2015 after I had settled they came over,”
“I can tell you that I pay Ksh 20,000 just for my internet bill. For schools, everything is almost private and the private schools here are like the international schools back in Kenya,” he disclosed.
I think at that time we were only 136 worldwide sky chefs. That took me really far with the dream that I wanted. In my position as a sky chef, I was the first class manager taking care of the first-class guests. It is just like a hotel,” he stated.
The ex-soldier encouraged Kenyan chefs to seek greener pastures in the international arena, adding that there was a high demand for chefs in Dubai.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (39,582)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (24,202)
- Jalango finally forgives a boy who… November 6, 2021 Jalango has finally forgiven Upcoming artiste Vincent Mboya,a boy who… (16,168)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (15,750)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (11,300)