The Ministry of Interior has intervened after reports emerged that the office of the Deputy President had not been serving food to the newly assigned bodyguards from the Administration Police unit.
The Ministry asked Ruto’s handlers to ensure the bodyguards were either given food or allocated food allowances to enable them carry out their duties.
It further indicated that the DP’s office had been providing meals to the GSU detail which was withdrawn in August 2021.
“This is in contrast to their counterparts from GSU whom they replaced and who used to get food rations The purpose of this letter, therefore, is to request that you reinstate the food rations for the officers currently deployed in the two residences for optimal service delivery,” the letter read in part.
According to the letter, the affected officers are deployed at the Deputy President’s official residence in Karen and at his private home, also in Karen at Koitobos Road.
Reports indicated that the number of security officers deployed to guard his Karen residence and his rural home in Eldoret has been reduced significantly during the publicised change in August.
NPS responded to Ruto, claiming that the changes are normal re-assignment of duties within the security forces in order to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
Police spokesperson Bruno Shioso, however, maintained that Ruto would still be provided with close protection detail from the Presidential Escort Unit, which is currently not the case in the latest arrangement.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (39,586)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (24,202)
- Jalango finally forgives a boy who… November 6, 2021 Jalango has finally forgiven Upcoming artiste Vincent Mboya,a boy who… (16,168)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (15,750)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (11,302)