Politicians allied to Deputy President (DP) William Ruto have alleged a scheme by top security agents and their bosses to rig 2022 presidential elections in favour of Opposition leader Raila Odinga.
Falling short of announcing a boycott of the 2022 polls, the legislators allege that rigging plans involving security forces to aid ODM leader to win the presidency are underway.
Others targeted are Director of Criminal Investigations (DCI) George Kinoti, Inspector General Hillary Mutyambai and National Intelligence Service (NIS) chief Philip Kameru.
In a sustained attack on Matiang’i and Kibicho, Ruto’s allies maintained theduo was using their offices to support Odinga.
Led by Kandara MP Alice Wahome, the legislators claimed State officers and public officers were openly campaigning for Raila cannot do it without the approval of the President.
“These public officers cannot be doing all these without the signature of the President Uhuru Kenyatta, I want to tell him (President) that he is lighting fire in the country by using public resources to campaign for Raila Odinga,” Wahome said asking the Head of State to steer clear of his succession so as to create a fair political platform to carry out elections.
He went on: “With what is happening currently there is preparation to rig presidential elections in favour of Raila Odinga, they are using State machinery to rig elections and apply resources in favour of one candidate,”
In the run to 2017 general elections, NASA on several occasions claimed of having evidence of a plot by ruling Jubilee Party to use the military and extra ballots to rig the poll.
But President Uhuru dismissed the claims, accusing Raila of looking for scapegoats because “he is not ready” for elections. Fast forward, Ruto allies who have since dumped Jubilee Party for the United Democratic Alliance (UDA) are in the shoes of their NASA counterparts.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (39,618)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (24,239)
- Jalango finally forgives a boy who… November 6, 2021 Jalango has finally forgiven Upcoming artiste Vincent Mboya,a boy who… (16,176)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (15,765)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (11,316)