Embattled Football Federation of Kenya (FKF) President, Nick Mwendwa, is expected back at the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) headquarters on Saturday, November 13, to answer to questions arising from yet another report linking him to misappropriation of millions of shillings.
The committee preliminary report revealed that over Ksh550 million was allocated to FKF as grants but could not be accounted for by the Mwendwa-led team.
The report further detailed the fictitious withdrawal of Ksh29 million within a month from the money that was allocated to FKF by the national government.
The eleven-member committee chaired by Michael Kimoko further exposed the questionable transfer of Ksh8 million to Mwendwa’s account between March and May this year.
The report has also questioned the Ksh218.8 million allocated to Harambee Stars for its facilitation during the 2019 African Cup of Nations (AFCON) games.
Other questionable expenditures listed by the committee include the Ksh40 million that was channeled to FKF to cater for the CECAFA tournament in 2017.
Another Ksh27.9 million is also being probed that was meant to sponsor Harambee Starlets CECAFA 2018 Championships which could not be accounted for.
Mwendwa, in his statement, rubbished the findings insisting that his committee has been clear and they are ready to provide all the documentation to clear his name.
The Ministry of Sports has been directed not to release any funds to FKF until the previous funds are fully accounted for by the disbanded committee led by Mwendwa.
The suspended activities included the FKF Premier League, FKF National Super League, FKF Division One, FKF Women’s Premier League, and FKF Women’s Division 1 League.
Mwendwa is expected to respond to those queries as he books a date with DCI over the matter.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (39,277)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (23,907)
- Jalango finally forgives a boy who… November 6, 2021 Jalango has finally forgiven Upcoming artiste Vincent Mboya,a boy who… (16,057)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (15,634)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (10,920)