Exiled lawyer Miguna Miguna’s quest to return to Kenya met yet another stumbling block after Air France declined to allow him into a flight bound for Nairobi.
Miguna revealed that they French carrier refused to fly him to Kenya on account of orders made by the Kenyan government through red alerts.
Miguna, who had checked into Berlin, indicated that he had booked a plane ticket to Nairobi two weeks ago – on October 29.
“This is to inform Kenyans and the world that Air France officials at the check-in counter at the Berlin Brandenburg Airport have just informed me that the Government of Kenya sent them a “Red Alert” this morning that they cannot fly me to Nairobi, ” the statement read in part.
Miguna Miguna had initially stated that the government had planned to stop his return through issuing red alerts against him. In this regard, he filed a petition in court to have the government compelled to lift the red alerts.
However, the High Court in Nairobi dismissed his application, ruling that there was no sufficient evidence showing that he had been stopped from returning to the country.
The government, through the Ministry of Interior and Coordination of National Government, asked him to regularise his papers to be allowed into the country.
Former Chief Justice Willy Mutunga and the President of the Law Society of Kenya, Nelson Havi, had stated that they would be travelling to ensure that they bring back Miguna to Kenya.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (39,276)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (23,907)
- Jalango finally forgives a boy who… November 6, 2021 Jalango has finally forgiven Upcoming artiste Vincent Mboya,a boy who… (16,057)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (15,634)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (10,920)