Embattled senator Isaac Mwaura gifted two single mothers with wheelbarrows to ’empower’ them economically.
In what has elicited mixed reactions on social media, Mwaura gifted Beta Wanjiru and Abija Njeri with wheelbarrows and some money to start income generating activities for sustainability.
On a post he made on his official Facebook account, Mwaura revealed that the two met him at his home after struggling to find manual job all day.
Mwaura said that besides empowering them to start a sustainable livelihood, the two will benefit from Deputy President William Ruto’s government which he said seeks to empower the lowly to grow their enterprises.
He said the second in command’s government will create one million jobs to get rid of joblessness that has been ailing educated youth across the country.
It is the announcement that saw Mwaura rebuked on Facebook for issuing tools that some netizens said were old enough to form the basis of job creation.
Others such as Ngesah Kevin took issue with Mwaura for giving ancient tools of operation to women who are living in a technologically driven world.
“Peana watoto wenu kwanza hiyo wheelbarrow how can somebody struggle in school for 16 years with degree holders as the parents walk left right then after your child become a wheelbarrow pusher surely. Kenyans, let us wake up and say no to wheelbarrow,” Kevin commented.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (39,276)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (23,906)
- Jalango finally forgives a boy who… November 6, 2021 Jalango has finally forgiven Upcoming artiste Vincent Mboya,a boy who… (16,057)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (15,634)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (10,920)