A majority of Kenyans perceive President Uhuru Kenyatta as among the most corrupt leaders in Government as indicated in a report released by Afrobarometer.
In the report published on Wednesday, November 24, a majority of Kenyans interviewed stated that the level of corruption in the Country had increased and the government was doing a poor job fighting it.
Those interviewed perceived police officers as the most corrupt individuals with 68%, Members of Parliament (47%), Members of County Assembly (46%), Civil Servants (40%) and Kenya Revenue Authority (39%).
56% of the respondents who sought key public services a year before the survey was done, stated they pay bribes to get police assistance.
49% responders had to bribe to get identity document and 39% to avoid problem with the police. Another 24% had to bribe to obtain medical care while 18% to get school services.
Afrobarometer is a pan-African, nonpartisan survey research network that provides reliable data on African experiences and evaluations of democracy, governance, and quality of life.
Early in 2021, the president insinuated that the country was losing up to Ksh2 billion a day to corruption.
“I don’t know where people got the cost of Sh2 billion or Sh14 billion. But even so, these people are on a daily basis stealing that Sh2 billion you hear people talking about. These people are deceitful,” Uhuru stated.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (56,993)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (47,226)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (25,628)
- Aboy who “returned” Jalango’s… November 6, 2021 Mboya shot to fame after he "refunded"the aforementioned amounts that… (20,498)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (17,749)