At Arsenal Football Club (FC), Chef Bernice Kariuki is making a name for herself following her appointment as the first-team chef.
Born and raised in Nairobi’s Eastlands,she was appointed in 2021 by the London-based football club as it transitioned to the new management following the appointment of Mikel Arteta as the manager.
Before working for the Gunners, Kariuki had a remarkable career in the hospitality industry and has worked in some prestigious hotels in the United Kingdom (UK).
Following her appointment to the Arsenal backroom staff, Kariuki is involved in the preparation of meals for the first team players at the London Colney training ground such as Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Nicholas Pepe, Thomas Partey among others.
The Kenyan chef also works alongside other distinguished chefs such as Darren Taylor who is an executive team Chef at the club. The team is also tasked with overseeing the menu of the team as nutrition is a high priority in the English game.
Consequently, some of the players have already credited the recent turn of form at the club to the changes that have been made by Arteta together with the chefs.
During a meeting between Kenyans living in the UK and the Kenyan High Commissioner to the UK Manoah Esipisu, the diplomat took to social media to congratulate Kariuki for her remarkable achievement.
“Delighted to bump into Arsenal first-team chef Bernice Kariuki at a black-tie Kenya UK Diaspora event in Windsor, Berkshire. Trailblazing and embodying the Kenyan ‘can do’ spirit. Congratulations,” the diplomat stated.
Other Kenyans have also congratulated the chef with some Gunners creating a light moment to put in a request as Arsenal prepares to travel to Old Trafford. Arsenal will face off with Manchester United on December 2.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (50,156)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (37,953)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (21,594)
- Aboy who “returned” Jalango’s… November 6, 2021 Mboya shot to fame after he "refunded"the aforementioned amounts that… (18,892)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (14,748)