Gideon Kisira has filed a suit against his own son, lamenting that he was languishing in poverty after sacrificing his years and investment on the man, only to be deserted in the village.
In the papers filed at Kitale High Court, Gideon Kisira Cherowo told the court that his son was absorbed by the city life and left the old man to fend for himself.
Mzee Cherowo complained that he sold his parcels of land to educate the son up to tertiary level. He also gave him his share of the inheritance, a quarter an acre of land and blessed the son prior to his marriage.
The court papers added that the old man further paid dowry for his son which comprised an undisclosed amount of money, four cows and other items. The aggrieved 73-year-old thus wants upkeep as compensation for his sacrifice.
He outlined that the son was employed by a government agency in Nairobi and solely enjoyed his salary, allowances, bonuses, insurance and was also in line for pension upon retirement.
“I used all the resources I had to enable him to be in a good position so that he can help our family. I request 20 per cent of his salary to be given to me as the father,” Mzee Cherowo pleaded with the court.
“I have tried several times, for years, to seek assistance from my son, but all in vain. He is the only one, out of my four children who is gainfully employed,” Mzee Cherowo told the court.
However, he provided a witness in court, the son’s young brother. The sibling told the court that his brother deserted them years ago.
The family lives in a mud-house in Birunda village, Saboti Sub County in Trans Nzoia County.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (50,164)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (37,958)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (21,602)
- Aboy who “returned” Jalango’s… November 6, 2021 Mboya shot to fame after he "refunded"the aforementioned amounts that… (18,892)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (14,748)