Kisii Deputy Governor, Joash Maangi, and a long time ally of Deputy President William Ruto has dumped the country’s second in command for Orange Democratic Movement’s (ODM) Raila Odinga.
Maangi previously made appearances at Ruto’s United Democratic Alliance (UDA) events and expressed his support for the DP.
According to some quarters, Maangi’s presence at the Raila Odinga’s function gave a clear indication that he had resolved to join forces with his boss (Ongwae) in pushing the ODM leader’s agenda after declaring he would vie for the presidency next year.
“Azimio was Lit! Even my brother H.E Joash Maangi joined the winning team! Rada ni Baba!” wrote Otiende Amollo, Rarieda member of parliament.
He has, however, been conspicuously missing in these events in the recent past, casting aspersions on whether he still associates himself with the Deputy President or not.
Notably, he skipped the Deputy President’s rallies in Nyaribari Masaba, Nyaribari Chache, Bobasi and Itibo Markets in Kisii on Wednesday, December 8, 2021, and opted for the Azimio La Umoja National Convention on Friday, December 10, at the Kasarani Stadium.
Speaking to Standard Digital, Maangi attributed his move to mounting pressure from his constituents, as much as he would have loved to popularize UDA in the region.
“I have always been in ODM. You know what it means to be in ODM party in the Kisii region,” said the Deputy Governor.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (51,692)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (40,264)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (22,549)
- Aboy who “returned” Jalango’s… November 6, 2021 Mboya shot to fame after he "refunded"the aforementioned amounts that… (19,326)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (15,452)