“The phone of the deceased landed me in trouble,i was sentenced to life imprisonment”~Story of Dr Clement Munyao
The convict, a neurosurgeon, is serving a life sentence after he was found guilty of murder. Munyao’s link to the death of Moses Gituma, a senior official at the Central Bank of Kenya, was possession of a mobile phone stolen from the murder scene.
At Kamiti, Munyao acted as a consultant and paralegal and refuted reports that he was a quack doctor. To prove his assertions, the inmate showcased his certificates and a detailed curriculum vitae.
“I am a medical practitioner who graduated from Nairobi University in 1980 with a Bachelor in Medicine and Surgery. I then graduated with Masters in Human Medicine and Pathology at the same university in 1987 and a Masters in Forensic Medicine in Scotland in 1991.
The convict and four others including Gituma’s wife, Janet Karamana, were accused of plotting and orchestrating the murder of the civil servant. Karamana was further accused of hiring hitmen to murder the husband at Nairobi’s Garden Estate.
In 2009, Munyao was sentenced to 30 years in jail and his decision to appeal the case four years later failed after he failed to prove his innocence and was sentenced to hang.
Munyao argued that he purchased the phone from a shamba boy in Gigiri, Nairobi, but could not reveal the identity of the seller.
The neurosurgeon recalled that he gifted his daughter the phone prior to detectives tracking them. The daughter argued that the father wasn’t a criminal as alleged but a doctor at Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH).
His tribulations began, a run-in with the law, seeking representation from defence attorneys to losing his freedom. What pained him the most was that KNH denounced him.
Florence Nduki Mutiso, an employee of Kenyatta National Hospital since 1981 and the head of Human Resources testified stating that Munyao was a liar and imposter.
“She denied that Clement Munyao Katiku was an employee of Kenyatta National Hospital at any given time. That personal number 314316 is fake and casual workers were not given personal numbers,” court papers read.
Munyao in a recent interview, however, lamented that he was betrayed by his own employer.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (51,690)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (40,253)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (22,546)
- Aboy who “returned” Jalango’s… November 6, 2021 Mboya shot to fame after he "refunded"the aforementioned amounts that… (19,325)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (15,447)