My wife ran away and i was auctioned after loosing in 2013 presidential elections~Story of Ronald Osumba
Ronald Osumba (born in 1979) burst into the limelight in 2013 when Peter Kenneth unveiled him as his running mate.
The man who was riding high in the corporate world quickly went downhill after joining the murky world of politics.
Osumba revealed that he was a senior manager at Safaricom and owned cars, a home and two parcels of land all at the age of 30.
At the age of 33, he had bought more land, had three cars at his disposal and was running for deputy president. Seven years later, Osumba had lost everything.
Born in Kibera, Nairobi,Ronald attended Olympic Primary School and later on joined Starehe Boys’ Center where he got sponsored after performing exceptionally well at the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) examinations.
Some more of Osumba’s career ventures include his seven-year stay at Emerald Africa Consulting Limited as managing partner and chair of the board of directors, team leadership at the Kenya Catalytic Jobs Fund between 2020 and 2021, Trustee at Uzima University College, works at KCIC Consulting Limited, and Business Development Specialist at the Hultz Prize Foundation.
Currently, Ronald Osumba is running iGov Africa as the CEO and the Regional Director – East Africa at the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change.
In the 2013 general elections, Ronald quit his high-paying job at Safaricom to become Peter Kenneth running mate in the Eagle Alliance party.
The race was indeed tough, and the duo lost to President Uhuru Kenyatta by a sizeable margin. When he made the choice to go into politics, his wife Vera asked him to ensure that their lives would not change, a request that he was not able to honor.
Their defeat at the polls marked the beginning of a steep downward trajectory for him.
Politics threw everything off-balance as he had to go back to the drawing board. Here was a man without a job, a struggling marriage, a risked career, punctured finances, and health struggles.
Ronald and his wife divorced as the marriage did not work out for them.
In 2019, Valley Auctioneers came calling. His four bedroomed house in Athi-River was seized by the auctioneers further putting him in a financial rut he had not recovered since involving himself in politics. According to media reports, they spent ksh 300 million in their campaigns.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (52,176)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (41,015)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (22,887)
- Aboy who “returned” Jalango’s… November 6, 2021 Mboya shot to fame after he "refunded"the aforementioned amounts that… (19,461)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (15,610)