From hanging coffins to living with dead bodies, below is a list of jaw-dropping cultures from around the globe.
1.Mourning of Muharram
Every year Muslims from around the world hold religious mourning ceremonies for the third Shia Imam who achieved martyrdom in the desert of Karbala in 680 AD.
On this day, a number of groups consisting of Shia Muslims go out with whips attached with knives and blades and start beating them up unstoppably. This tradition has been passed over to their descendants from generations
2.Carrying women on hot coals
In Chinese culture, a husband should carry his bride over a pan of burning coals before entering their home for the very first time.
It’s a common practice for the people in Solapur village, Maharashtra, India, to toss newborn babies off from the terrace of 50ft tower.
There are people at the foot of the tower holding sheets to catch the baby safely. It is believed that this gives their children good luck, long and healthy life.
The Toraja people of Indonesia practice this absurd culture of putting a body in a temporary coffin before resurrecting ‘it’.
In villages located in the mountains of South Sulawesi, Indonesia, Shamans have been raising the dead for centuries.
5.El Colacho Baby Jumping
The residents of Spain have been taking part in this dangerous and weird culture called El Colacho since 1620.
El Colacho means baby jumping and is organized to keep the Devils away. In this festival, infants are laid on the mattresses in the street and the jumpers wear the traditional costumes to look like the Devils.
6.Living with Dead
Can you imagine yourself living with dead bodies? But, it’s very common practice for some ethnic groups in Indonesia to wrap the deceased up in special garbs and keep it safe in the house they live. It is believed that the soul of their loved ones will be preserved until burial.
7.. Hanging Coffins
You can witness the countless suspended artefacts and occult phenomena on the chillingly steep cliffs along Yangtze River, China.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (51,633)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (40,152)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (22,501)
- Aboy who “returned” Jalango’s… November 6, 2021 Mboya shot to fame after he "refunded"the aforementioned amounts that… (19,297)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (15,420)