On Tuesday, January 11, photos surfaced showing a man chained to Deputy President William Ruto’s office gate.
Reports indicated that the man, Lawrence Amuke Oprong, arrived early in the morning with a chain and padlock prior to confining himself to the gate.
Amuke told journalists that he is the son of former Economic Planning and National Development Assistant Minister and Busia North MP, Fredrick Oduya Oprong, who died in 2019 after falling ill.
Further, he revealed that Ruto had promised him a job but he had not fulfilled it to date. This left him with no other option but to camp at the DP’s Harambee Annex office where he staged a protest.
Amuke explained that he would only release himself after the DP listened to his plight. Officers at the DP’s office reportedly tried to remove him from the scene but were unsuccessful.
However, plain cloth officers later on allegedly arrested Amuke after breaking the chain using a hacksaw.
In a rejoinder, Ruto’s Spokesperson Emmanuel Taalam revealed that the matter was swiftly handled.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (50,164)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (37,958)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (21,602)
- Aboy who “returned” Jalango’s… November 6, 2021 Mboya shot to fame after he "refunded"the aforementioned amounts that… (18,892)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (14,748)