The founder of Rapture Proclaimer Evangelical Church of God, Funmilayo Adebayo, popularly known as Mummy GO (General Overseer) has sparked a series of memes on the internet with her “hellfire” threatening messages.
Jewellery: You will have to return that drop-dead neck, head, or leg jewellery before you leave home. The ushers are vigilant, they will find you and seize it for the duration of the service.
Beads: Whether male or female, royalty or fashionista, beads are not allowed in the church of Mummy GO. You are not allowed to dress up like royalty in the church as well.
Jeans: The church does not condone any kind of jeans, whether slashed, tight-fitting or free. A meme posted online says, “Jeans will lead you to hellfire”.
Miniskirts and short skirts: Your quest to look dashing may be dampened by the fact that the church does not allow you to drape yourself in delightful trims and tights. Your entire leg must be covered at the RAPEC church.
Dreds and stylish cuts for men: For men, your hair must not be stylish in any way. You must not adorn dreds and curly hair as well. Your hair must be low without any unique cuts.
Curly hair, dreads and hair extensions: If your hair plays a major part of your identity, you may consider attending other churches. Mummy GO’s church does not welcome curly hair, dreads or hair extensions for women in her church. Your hair would have to be totally covered up for you to venture into the house of God at RAPEC.
Eyelashes: You must bring your natural face, eyelashes to RAPEC. You must be prim and proper like in the days of yore.
Makeup: All dabs, brushes and powders will bar you from Mummy GO’s church, else you won’t be allowed by the ushers.
Painted nails: For Mummy GO, painted nails are a reflection of immorality. A church pamphlet described painted nails as devilish, it also linked it to Jezebel in the bible.
Tattoos: You are disqualified from going to the house of God at RAPEC with your tattoos. If they are not revealing, you may begin to cringe when the sermon hits you where the tattoo lies.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (50,167)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (37,962)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (21,605)
- Aboy who “returned” Jalango’s… November 6, 2021 Mboya shot to fame after he "refunded"the aforementioned amounts that… (18,892)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (14,749)