A family in Wundanyi, Taita Taveta is seeking funds to help ship the remains of their loved one who died in Saudi Arabia.
Holiness Wawuda, 52, died on October 10, 2021 while in police custody in Riyadh. A friend who broke the news to the family said the deceased collapsed in police cells and was pronounced dead on arrival at a hospital in the kingdom.
Her cousin Leonard Maghanga said the mother of three fell ill while Saudi officials were processing her deportation after she declined to renew her work permit.
“The friend told us that she was taken to the hospital by police. She said our daughter had blood pressure issues but we don’t have any official information yet to know what exactly killed her,” he said.
The bereaved family has sought help from Kenyan officials back at home and Saudi but their efforts have proved futile.
They are seeking Sh800,000 to help ship Wawuda’s body. They have so far raised Sh200,000.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (56,989)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (47,226)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (25,628)
- Aboy who “returned” Jalango’s… November 6, 2021 Mboya shot to fame after he "refunded"the aforementioned amounts that… (20,498)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (17,747)