A 32-year-old teacher at Muusini Primary School who posted on the Teachers Service Commission’s (TSC) Facebook page that the commission’s CEO Nancy Macharia is dead has been arraigned in court and charged with the crime of cyber harassment.
Jeremiah Mwawuganga Simon who appeared before a Nairobi Chief Magistrate court is alleged to have committed the offence on January 16, 2022, and January 20, 2022, at an unknown place within the Republic of Kenya.
It is alleged that Jeremiah posted the following statement: “Breaking news. Nancy Macharia is dead. Her body has been found in Oyuu’s bed. It is alleged that Oyuu (KNUT’s Secretary-General) murdered her after she failed to kiss his **s. R.I.P Macharia…” oh it was just a dream, may it be so.”
The prosecution says that Mwawuganga’s post was calculated to cause fear and panic to Macharia and her family.
Jeremiah who pleaded not guilty before Nairobi Chief Magistrate Susan Shitubi begged for leniency through his lawyer claiming to be the sole breadwinner of his family.
The court slapped him with a cash bail of Ksh100,000 and ordered the matter to be held for a pre-trial set for February 8, 2022.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (56,989)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (47,226)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (25,628)
- Aboy who “returned” Jalango’s… November 6, 2021 Mboya shot to fame after he "refunded"the aforementioned amounts that… (20,498)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (17,747)