The French government is now warning its citizens in Kenya of a looming terror attack in Nairobi targeting places frequented by foreigners.
France’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs hence cautioned its citizens as well as expatriates from other Western countries to avoid public areas and crowded places it classified as possible hotspots.
These include hotels, restaurants, leisure spots and commercial centers in the city.
The ministry, in a statement released on Thursday, called on foreigners living and working in Nairobi to exercise extreme vigilance in the coming days, especially over this weekend.
The German embassy has also issued a warning that over the next few days its citizens in Kenya should pay special attention when out in public and be alert.
These are in addition to the general rules that the embassy has for its nationals whenever they are out in public.
The United States government had on January 5, 2022 also issued a travel advisory to its citizens to reconsider any planned trips to Kenya due to COVID-19.
The U.S further urged its citizens already in Kenya to exercise increased caution due to crime, terrorism, health issues, and kidnapping.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (56,990)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (47,226)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (25,628)
- Aboy who “returned” Jalango’s… November 6, 2021 Mboya shot to fame after he "refunded"the aforementioned amounts that… (20,498)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (17,747)