Police in Siaya County have launched investigations into the mysterious death of a five-year-old girl whose body was found in a farm at Segere village in Central Alego.
The body of the girl was discovered on Friday evening at a farm belonging to Siaya Governor Cornel Amoth after she went missing from the neighbouring Okoyo village one week ago.
According to area chief Felix Omudho, the girl had been left at home when her mother took her younger sibling to hospital at Segere, only to be found missing when the mother returned home.
Speaking to Radio Ramogi, Omudho said that the minor reportedly followed the mother towards Segere and was spotted around Segere primary school on the day of her disappearance but since then, the family has been looking for her in vain.
He added that the body was found in the farm with its lower and upper limbs missing.
Police have since taken the body to Siaya County Referral Hospital mortuary for postmortem as investigations continue into the matter.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (57,296)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (47,517)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (25,798)
- Aboy who “returned” Jalango’s… November 6, 2021 Mboya shot to fame after he "refunded"the aforementioned amounts that… (20,579)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (17,859)