Interior Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang’i has declared a major security operation along the borders of West Pokot, Elgeyo-Marakwet and Baringo to quell the deadly banditry in the Kerio Valley
He said the operation to evict bandits who crossed over to Baringo from Laikipia Nature Conservancy will commence on Saturday.
Speaking during a security meeting with leaders from Baringo, West Pokot and Baringo in Nakuru, Matiang’i said the operation which will include ground and aerial assaults will be ruthless.
Matiang’i who was accompanied by Baringo Governors, Stanley Kiptis, West Pokot, John Lonyangapuo and Elgeyo Marakwet’s Alex Tolgos ordered the dissolution of Muttani and Makutani wards in still in Baringo.
He ordered that the boundaries be redrawn, the locations merged into one and a new chief recruited.
Matiang’i wondered how former provincial administrations allowed the establishment of two overlapping locations with different Administrations.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (57,296)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (47,517)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (25,798)
- Aboy who “returned” Jalango’s… November 6, 2021 Mboya shot to fame after he "refunded"the aforementioned amounts that… (20,579)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (17,859)