Jubilee Party Vice Chairman David Murathe claims that Azimio La Umoja flagbearer Raila Odinga will win the upcoming August presidential election with or without votes from the Mt. Kenya region.
Speaking on Citizen TV’s News Night show, Murathe argued that during the previous polls Odinga came close to winning the election yet he had no support from the Mt. Kenya region, hence, the endorsement by President Kenyatta is a sure bet to State House for the ODM leader.
“As far as we are concerned, Raila Odinga was at almost 50/50 with Uhuru Kenyatta… [yet] Raila never got Mt. Kenya votes meaning this time around, in the worst-case scenario, if Raila gets Mt. Kenya votes those are votes he never had but the rest of his vote basket is intact,” said Murathe, adding that the shift by ANC leader Musalia Mudavadi to William Ruto’s camp holds no impact.
“The only area which they thought they could remove is Western but Raila actually defeats Musalia Mudavadi in Western. Musalia’s own Governor and MCA are from ODM,” added Murathe.
The Jubilee Vice-Chairman insinuated that voters from the populous Mt. Kenya region should back Odinga or else they will be “consigned to the dustbin” after the August 9 elections.
“This is the message to Mt Kenya… Raila is winning this election. They better decide whether he is winning with them onboard or without them on board. If Raila wins without them on board, they know they will be consigned to the dustbin,” Murathe said.
He added: “We are telling the people of Mt Kenya… With or without your vote, under the current circumstances, Raila is going to be president because you can be sure Raila is going to get some votes in Mt. Kenya this time round.”
Murathe scoffed at the perception that DP Ruto had gained political ground in the Mt. Kenya region, terming the perception as “optics” aimed at confusing voters.
“They are trying to create a wave not necessarily for Mt. Kenya but for the rest of the country to confuse people, particularly their own backyards of the Rift Valley, that ‘look Mt. Kenya is with us, so you either join us or be out of government’.
“These are clever optics… It is a voter turnout strategy which is very smart for Ruto,” said Murathe.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (57,296)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (47,517)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (25,798)
- Aboy who “returned” Jalango’s… November 6, 2021 Mboya shot to fame after he "refunded"the aforementioned amounts that… (20,579)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (17,859)