The Russian government has lifted a travel restriction imposed on Kenyans at the height of COVID-19 infections in March 2020.
Russian Embassy in Kenya on Tuesday made the announcement as it opened its borders for travellers from Kenya and called on passengers intending to travel to the Asian nation to apply for visas.
The directive will now enable even the students seeking to apply for programmes in Russia based institutions to apply which had previously been barred from accessing them.
“Dear Kenyans! According to the Decree №440-R of the Russian Government, previously imposed restrictions (including those related to Kenyan students studying in) on entry to Russia, have been removed. You can now apply and get your visa in the Embassy,” the Embassy stated.
At the same time, Russian envoy to Kenya Dmitry Maksimychev however maintained that earlier categories of foreigners including; diplomatic and service passport holders, students and cadets, foreign relatives of Russian citizens, participants of sports and business events would still be in place.
“Meanwhile, the Decree №635-R (March 16, 2020) of the Russian Government that enlists the categories of foreigners (paragraph 2) who are allowed to travel to Russia is still in force,” Maksimychev stated.
This comes as the Ministry of Health also lifted COVID 19 restrictions early this month following the drop in the infections.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (57,296)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (47,517)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (25,798)
- Aboy who “returned” Jalango’s… November 6, 2021 Mboya shot to fame after he "refunded"the aforementioned amounts that… (20,579)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (17,859)