His Wife ‘Imprisoned him’ in Their Home~Story of Late Billionare Mp Gerishon Kirima

Gerishon Kirima The late businessman was born in Kiruri, Murang’a county during the colonial period.

He left his home for Kinangop where he established a carpentry business. Later, he moved to Nairobi and opened a carpentry business at Nairobi University which at the time, was referred to as Royal College.

Kirima settled in Kaloleni where his first wife Agnes Waruguru helped out with the selling of furniture.

In 1960, the state of emergency ended and a lot of Kenyans moved to urban centres. Gerishon took advantage of the opportunity and opened butcheries and bars targeting the Africans’ who now had money.

Kirima was among the first Kenyans to supply meat in Nairobi, an opportunity that had exclusively been held by the Kenya Meat Commission.

He would later become chairman of the African Butchers Association. Around this time, he started the short-lived Kirima Bus Company. He wound up operations in the transport business and focused on real estate.

In 1989, then Starehe MP Kirubi Kihondo had a fallout with KANU and was removed from the party.

A by-election was held and Kirima was successfully elected on a KANU ticket. During this time, he served as Assistant Minister in the late President Daniel Moi government.

Kirima gained substantial wealth and established rental houses in various parts of the country.

He also lived in a magnificent structure in Kitisuru and had other personal properties. It would be reported that the properties were worth about ksh750 million.

Unfortunately, the late Kirima would witness as drama unfolded over the management of his wealth. Family members would begin a battle for the properties which would result in publicized drama.

Kirima had three wives, several children, and grandchildren. Some of his children are Gerald, Gabriel, Waruguru, Wairimu, Charlotte and Ruthie.

He made headlines in 2010 after it was reported that his wife had imprisoned him at their Kitisuru home. During that period, he remained inaccessible to friends and family. To free the businessman, police had to break three doors, including one that was grilled.

The businessman breathed his last on December 28, 2010, while undergoing treatment in South Africa. At the time, he was reportedly had suffered from acute blindness and diabetes.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *