Deputy President William Ruto has condoled with the family of Nancy Wanjala Mwashumbe, a United Democratic Alliance (UDA) aspirant who passed away on Thursday night April 7.
Mwashumbe was travelling to attend her brother’s burial when she was involved in a road accident near Voi at Ngutunyi along the Mombasa-Nairobi Highway.
“UDA commiserates with the families, relatives and friends of Wesley Kibet Kogos who was one of our parliamentary aspirants for Nandi Hills constituency & Nancy Wanjala Mwashume Mwashuma of Chaani Ward in Mombasa County who passed on through road accidents,” Ruto tweeted.
Mwashuma resigned as Deputy Headmistress of Coast Girls High School in Mombasa to contest for the Ward seat in Changamwe Constituency.
Former Mombasa Senator Hassan Omar also eulogised Mwashuma, stating that she was an exceptional leader who aimed to transform her ward and the country.
“Nancy will be remembered as a kind and loving person, a teacher to many, a mentor, a leader and an exceptionally good soul whose impact on our society will live forever,” Omar stated.
Her death came barely 24 hours after Wesley Kogo, and Nandi Hills MP aspirant passed away in a tragic road accident.
Kogo who was seeking to oust incumbent MP, Alfred Keter, was travelling to attend a radio interview at a local radio station.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (57,296)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (47,517)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (25,798)
- Aboy who “returned” Jalango’s… November 6, 2021 Mboya shot to fame after he "refunded"the aforementioned amounts that… (20,579)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (17,859)