Flamboyant Kitutu Chache North politician Don Bosco Gichana Saturday became the first high flying causality to lose in the Kisii UDA nominations.
Japhet Nyakundi, a political neophyte, eased to victory with 5,475 votes to edge out Gichana who got a paltry 2,312 votes.
US-based politician Julius Araka got 98 votes in the hotly contested primaries.
More than 7,000 of the over 50,000 registered in Kisii County participated in the exercise.
In Bobasi, Joseph Onchiri alias Enyanya won the primaries defeating three other contestants.
The aspirants lauded the party saying it conducted polls in a mature manner.
In Kitutu Chache North, Nyakundi accused his rival Gichana of destroying voting material at Sensi.
He demanded investigations into the matter.
At least 1,000 votes were presumed spoilt at Sensi where Gichana disrupted orderlies with his supporters.
“While we laud the voters for keeping the peace and conducting the primaries in a mature manner, we want speedy probe into the conduct of Gichana if we are to stem further hooliganism during polls,” Nyakundi said.
He spoke to journalists at Kisii Primary school where the aspirants turned up to receive their nomination certificates.
Anthony Kerage who won the ticket for Gesusu Ward said UDA has quickly grown into a national party which would give ODM a run for its money.
“All we promise DP William Ruto is victory,” he told journalists.
Other than the fracas at Sensi, the exercise witnessed a few other incidents of chaos which nearly disrupted the nominations.
In Bobasi, for instance, an aspirant was temporarily held by the police for alleged rigging.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (57,296)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (47,517)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (25,798)
- Aboy who “returned” Jalango’s… November 6, 2021 Mboya shot to fame after he "refunded"the aforementioned amounts that… (20,579)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (17,859)