Kenya Kwanza principal, Musalia Mudavadi, alleges that President Uhuru Kenyatta had planned to embarrass his deputy, William Ruto, if he failed to attend a Cabinet meeting held on Thursday, May 12.
Speaking at a meeting in Karen on May 12, the Amani National Congress (ANC) party leader stated that the Deputy President was aware of the plan and decided to attend the meeting for the first time in almost two years.
He explained that Uhuru and his team would have painted the DP in bad light if he failed to attend the Thursday decision-making meeting.
“Ruto is clever and he knows that even after they convene a cabinet meeting after a year, he will still know how to carry himself at the meeting so that he is not involved in other people’s businesses.
“This was a trap for him. They were planning to say that he failed to attend the cabinet meeting they had convened but he did the opposite,” he stated.
Additionally, the ANC party leader claimed that the cabinet meeting was convened after Ruto embarrassed his boss through a statement on social media where he hit out at Uhuru for failing to convene one in over a year.
Mudavadi expressed that the meeting was inconsequential as the Head of State had contravened the law by making decisions without involving his ministers.
“They were shocked when we said that they were blaming the DP yet they had not had a cabinet meeting. That is the reason he convened that meeting so as to do damage control.
The Thursday cabinet meeting was convened days after differences between the two leaders played out in public even as Uhuru stated that Ruto should have resigned if he never wanted to be in government.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (56,989)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (47,226)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (25,628)
- Aboy who “returned” Jalango’s… November 6, 2021 Mboya shot to fame after he "refunded"the aforementioned amounts that… (20,498)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (17,747)