A teenager, Halima Yunusa, on Monday dragged her father before a Sharia Court sitting in Magajin Gari, Kaduna State for allegedly refusing to get her married to her lover, Bashir Yusuf
Yunusa, who lives in Kasuwan Magani, Chikun Local Government Area of the State, told the Court that she was in love with Yusuf but that her parents were not letting them get married.
He said that Yusuf is yet to fulfill all known marriage rites.
“He came to me and expressed his desire to marry my daughter. I told him to come back with his parents and family members.
”He is yet to return. After about a year.
”He came back after a year and took my daughter and ran away with her for three days.
”we later heard they came back and went to my sister’s house .
“We informed the Police and both of were arrested and disciplined,” he said.
After their release from Police custody, he said, they ran away again to Abuja where they spent two weeks.
“But when I finally met with the boy’s father and had several discussions, he (boy’s father), said he would not allow his son to marry my daughter.
“At last, the boyfriend’s father later took us to the district head of our village where agreement were drafted and signed by all of us and our witnesses to causion my daughter to stay away from his son”..
Yusuf told the court he loves Yunusa.
The Judge, Murtala Nasir, after listening to the parties, held that Yusuf’s father should be advised to allow the children get married.
“If he refuses, we will get them married in the court even without his blessings,”he said.
He instructed the complainant to seek her parent and relatives’ forgiveness inorder to have their blessings in her life.
He adjourned the case until May 23 for Yusuf’s father to appear before the court for final judgment.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (57,296)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (47,517)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (25,798)
- Aboy who “returned” Jalango’s… November 6, 2021 Mboya shot to fame after he "refunded"the aforementioned amounts that… (20,579)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (17,859)