Raila Odinga has named Narc Kenya leader Martha Karua as his running mate in the upcoming August Presidential election.
The Azimio la Umoja One Kenya Presidential candidate made the declaration at the Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC) on Monday, May 16.
Karua makes history as the first woman in Kenya to be nominated for the deputy president position.
The former Prime Minister also nominated Wiper leader Kalonzo Musyoka as Chief Cabinet Minister, should Azimio form the next government.
Meanwhile,Wiper Party leader Kalonzo Musyoka has bolted out of Azimio la Umoja – One Kenya coalition.
Kalonzo said One Kenya Alliance will now stand as it originally was.
The Wiper leader announced the move alongside KANU’s Gideon Moi on Monday morning in Karen.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (57,296)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (47,517)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (25,798)
- Aboy who “returned” Jalango’s… November 6, 2021 Mboya shot to fame after he "refunded"the aforementioned amounts that… (20,579)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (17,859)