Being used is never a good feeling, but unfortunately, it can happen in sneaky ways.
Here are 10 signs to tell if someone is using you.
1. One-sided communication: The person may only contact you when they need something or want to ask for a favor, rather than engaging in regular or meaningful conversations.
2. Inconsistent behavior: The person may switch between being friendly and distant depending on whether they need something from you, rather than maintaining a consistent level of engagement.
3. Lack of reciprocity: The person may not offer to help you in return, or may be unwilling to compromise or make concessions for your benefit.
4. Disregard for your feelings: The person may not take your emotions or needs into consideration, and may prioritize their own interests over yours.
5. Asking for too much too soon: The person may ask for increasingly large or unreasonable favors without building up a sense of trust or reciprocity first.
6. Using guilt or manipulation: The person may try to guilt-trip or manipulate you into doing something for them, rather than making a clear and respectful request.
7. Disappearing after they get what they want: The person may disappear or become distant once they have received what they wanted from you, rather than maintaining a continued relationship.
8. Taking advantage of your skills or resources: The person may only be interested in you because of what you can do for them, rather than valuing you for who you are.
9. Disrespecting your boundaries: The person may ignore or dismiss your boundaries, such as by asking for personal information or favors that you are uncomfortable with.
10. Lack of appreciation: The person may not express gratitude or appreciation for the favors or help you provide them, or may take you for granted.